About LatinDisplay 2009
LatinDisplay 2009, to be held at Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP), in S. Paulo, SP, from November 16th to 19th, 2009, is an event of the Latin American Chapter of the Society for Information Display (LTN SID Chapter), of the Brazilian Network for Displays (BrDisplay Network) and of the Ibero-American Network for Displays (Ibero American Display Network).
LatinDisplay 2009 will cover the most recent advances and trends in:
- All display technologies such as plasma displays (PDPs), liquid crystal displays (LCDs) e-paper, 3D displays, electro-luminescent displays (ELDs), organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), field emission displays (FEDs) flexible displays, projection displays, LED displays, etc.
- Touch screens, tablets and other peripherals
- Solar cells (Si-based, hybrid and dye sensitized, CIGS, etc.)
- Backlight units (BLUs) for LCDs and components (enhancement foils, lamps, inverters, etc.)
- Lighting (LED, OLED, fluorescent, etc.)
- Optical devices
- Thin film devices
- Ergonomics, human factors, visual perception, etc.
- Organic electronics
- Image processing, systems software and display processing hardware (drivers, controllers, video processors, digital video format converters, etc)
- Applications in medical imaging, TV, telephony, automotive, aeronautics, advertising, signage, education, multimedia, electronic cinema, etc.
- Interconnectivity, usability and access to multiple sources of content
For all of these technologies the following aspects will be covered:
- Chemical and physical processes
- Device and process modeling
- Equipment, instruments and tools
- Electronics and ICs for addressing, controlling, testing, etc.
- Measuring, calibration, standards and metrology, testing, qualification and reliability
- Manufacturing encompassing: processes; process and equipment integration; data mining; yield management; cluster tools; supply/value chain management from component/instrument/software to process equipment; modeling; sensors, control and support technology; contamination-free manufacturing; etc.
- Environmental issues
- Commercialization, end-consumers, retailing, distribution, etc.
- Market overview and forecast
- Strategic and economic evaluation of technologies; business strategy analysis and recommendations
LatinDisplay has the following objectives:
- To promote the exchange of scientific and technical information on new technologies
- To promote the exchange of information and the analysis of market trends
- To promote the development of new products and applications
- To foster new companies and new business
- To promote discussions on the needs and opportunities for the Ibero-American Region, based on the analysis of market prospects
- To contribute to human resource formation and training.
LatinDisplay 2009 will consist of: